Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't Blink

My babies turned 2 years old on December 18, 2011. I cannot believe that two years ago, we welcomed two of the greatest blessings we've ever received into the world. Here is our first family picture. This picture was taken when they finally brought Lukas to my room after 2 days of being in the NICU. The twins immediately held onto one another and we were finally complete.

Photobucket

I warn you that I'm probably going to get pretty sappy in the following lines. I could blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but anyone who is a mother knows that's a lie.  I know that I have said this before, but when I held my babies together for the first time I told my mom that I felt like my heart was broken.  I loved them so much that it hurt and that feeling has never changed.  This quote sums it up completely "Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body".   I can't explain the laughter, tears, frustration, and love that I have felt over the past 2 years.  The time has flown by and all I can say to you mothers of young ones out there is Don't Blink, because one day you are caring for their every need and the next you are watching them slowly let go of all the things you once got to do for them.  I can tell you this, I cherish the rare moments where I get to rock them to sleep these days.  It doesn't happen often, but the feeling you get to watch your child fall asleep in your arms is still one of the greatest blessings of being a mother.

My Darling Maddox,
You are 35.5" tall (85%) and 26 lbs (45%).  You are such a fire ball.  You have so much spunk and personality.  You are constantly testing your limits and pushing our boundaries.  There is never a dull moment when you are around.  Right now, you love to say "What's That?" & "Choo Choo"...we literally hear those two phrases 100 times a day.  Sometimes, we hear it at the most frustrating moments (i.e. 3 o'clock in the morning when you won't go to sleep you softly chant "Choo Choo").  You love to give kisses and they never get old.  You love music and you love to dance.  Right now, you love when we sing the "Wheels on the Bus" & "I'm a Little Teapot".  Watching you do the motions to these songs brings a smile to my face every time.  Everyday watching you grow up makes me so proud that God blessed me with such a vibrant little girl.  I'm enjoying every moment of watching you grow up and I can't wait to see what your future holds.

My Handsome Lukas,
You are my big boy at 37" tall (97%) and 35 lbs (97%).  You are my "chunk of love".  You give the BEST hugs ever and throw the meanest fits of all time.  You wear your heart on your sleeve and I love that about you.  You are very independent and are completely content playing with your toys and just hanging out.  You love to watch movies and I'm convinced you could actually sit through a movie at the theater at the age of 2, but I'm not ready to test that theory :o)  You love when I sing "There's an old bumblebee" and even before it's time for him to "sting" you...you are laughing so hard.  You are all boy and you love to rough house and for us to "get you".  Your laugh is still one of the best ever.  Anyone within earshot can't help but join in.  You are a big boy..the doctor's say you are going to be really tall when you are older, but I don't like thinking about that right now.  I love the cuddle and loves I get when you are my little boy and I promise I won't mind if you want to continue them well into your adult years.  I'm so proud that God blessed me with such an amazing little boy.  I can't wait to see what your future holds, but for now I'm enjoying you being my little man.

Both of you are the greatest blessings in my life.  We are about to welcome a new baby into our family and I can't wait to see what an amazing big brother and sister you will be.  I love you so very much and look forward to every moment with you in our future!

Love,

Momma

Photobucket

1 comment:

Charee said...

:) Love it! And you are right...blinking gets you in trouble. Before you know it, they are about to leave middle school....and are only 3 years away from DRIVING!! Wah!!! Enjoy those sweet babies...