Last week, I took Maddox and Lukas to their 9 month well-baby check-up. Dr. B was very impressed at how much they have grown. As usual, I'm going to split this up by baby so they each get their chance in the spotlight!
Maddox weighed 17 lbs 5oz (50th percentile) and was 27.5" long (75th percentile). Dr. B said when looking at her height to weight ratio, she was the "perfect" weight for her height! WOO HOO!
• Pulls ups
• Stands alone unassisted (this is funny to watch, because she will let go of you and stand on her own then sit down and shake her head no)
• Shakes her head No
• Uses a Sippy Cup
• Has two teeth on top and two teeth on bottom
Maddox's Food Faves
• Grilled chicken, Hamburger meat, Tilapia (or anything meat)
• Beans (Black, Garbanza, Pinto, Black eyed peas)
• Sweet Potatoe Fries (Cinnamon, EVOO, & a little Sea Salt baked to perfection)
• Oatmeal with Yogurt
Maddox has actually become really interested in anything that we are eating. This makes it very hard for me to eat, because anything I have she wants.
What's in your wallet?
Lukas weighed 21 lbs 4 oz (75th percentile) and was 29.5" long (95th percentile). Dr. B again said when looking at his height to weight ratio he was the "perfect" weight for his height. WOO HOO (again)!
• Crawls (my iPhone was replaced so I lost the video :( I'll get one soon)
• Pulls up (however, once he is up..he isn't sure how to get down so he gets pretty fussy because he won't let go and actually sit down)
• Stands alone unassisted
• Does the "More" sign
• Uses a Sippy Cup
• Babbles (Ma Ma, Ba ba Ba, Buh Buh Buh)
Lukas's Food Faves
• FRUIT (he loves, Peaches, Pears, Kiwi, Strawberries etc)
• Yogurt and Oatmeal
• Sweet Potato Fries
Both of the babies had to get tested for anemia. Which means they had to have their fingers pricked and held until enough blood could fill a vile. Lukas was a champion and it didn't take him long to fill the vile (and he didn't cry once). Maddox had to be pricked twice and even though it took a while to fill her vile, she didn't cry once either!
Dr. B and his Nurse J both commented on how happy and well behaved our children were.
I always recommend using Diapers.com . We have found that they offer the best price we can find for formula and diapers (Tax free and with free 2 day shipping) AND their customer service is outstanding! It also helps us to budget how much we are spending on diapers and formula. Their slogan is "We deliver everything but the baby"....hmmm.. Maddox and Lukas seem to be pretty big fans of the shipping boxes:
I found these SUPER cute Texas A&M outfits that I HAD to have for game days...after calling and locating..begging and pleading..I finally found them and had them shipped to me from College Station..
Lastly, my son found the Boudreaux's Butt Paste....ugh