Friday, December 4, 2009

34 Weeks (18 days or less)

PRAISE THE LORD, we made it to 34 weeks!!!

On Wednesday, we went to our doctors for our 34 week appointments with both the Perinatologist and my OB/GYN. The Perinatologist measured the babies...Lukas Glen is weighing in at 6lbs 7oz and Maddox Avery is weighing in at 5lbs 8oz. Maddox has gained about 1 lb in 2 weeks and Lukas has gained around 1.5lbs in 2 weeks!!!

At this point they said they gain around 1/2lb a week. They also said twins usually go through growth spurts at different times. They said Lukas had one this time and not to be surprised if Maddox had one next time! Either way, we are happy for healthy babies!!! I can't believe there is 12 lbs of babies in my belly...strike that I CAN believe it, but it is crazy!!!

Besides the size measurements, nothing else really happened at the Perinatologist. She just said that she would see me at 36 weeks, unless something happened before then.

My OB/GYN did the usual; however, we did get him to give us a Scheduled C-Section date!!!

December 22, 2009 at 8:45 am is our babies tentative C-Section date! However, Dr. Tatum said to keep in mind that I still have a 50% chance of going into labor before that day, or it can be subject to change for some unknown medical reasons.

Needless to say there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we are SOOOO excited. It is crazy to think that we have 18 days or less left in our journey! We are simply praying that when the babies decide to make their appearance that they are completely healthy and able to come home with us as soon as we leave the hospital!

Lastly, I'm going to leave you with a couple of 34 week pictures...I am measuring 39 weeks..and all I have to say is, My what a difference clothing and and a Camera Angle make...

34 weeks with Clothing and Straight on...
34 Weeks with clothes

34 weeks with No Clothes from the side = BIG DIFFERENCE
34 Weeks


Signature

5 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

You are so beautiful in both pics! I am so excited for you and Cody! And so proud of you! Much love!

Melissa said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next weekend for your sake! ;) I know you are ready and now you have to sit and count down for the 22nd! The anticipation is worst then Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

yay for good news and a section date.....cant wait to come see you in the hospital and snuggle those sweet babies!!!!

Jamie said...

You look uh-MAY-zing for a girl with two babies in the same belly at the same time. I can't even fathom it. Can't wait to see pics of those beautiful babies. So, just out of curiosity, can you not have twins without a c-section? I have no idea about anything that has to do with delivering two babies. :)

Ione said...

Boy are we excited!!!!! U be lookin fine, mama!!!! Luv ya!!!!