Tuesday, July 28, 2009

16 Week Appointment

Today we went to the doctor for our 16 week appointment. It is hard to believe that I am 4 months pregnant. We didn't get to find out the sex today; however, we scheduled our next Sonogram for August 18th. The day before our 3 year wedding anniversary we will get to see what we are having...what a gift =)

This weekend we got to visit our family in the Panhandle for Ione's birthday (Cody's Momma). Lauren, my niece, informed me that we were having a boy and a girl, despite the fact that her daddy says it is two girls...she says a boy and a girl "just sounds better" =) Awww..the wisdom of a 4 year old.

We had a great time seeing the family; however, we all came down with a nasty stomach bug. Today when I went in for my appointment I was pretty dehydrated and the doctor gave me a Rx for Phengran to help with the nausea and told me to rest and drink lot's of fluids.

The nurse was able to differentiate between the two beans with the fetal doppler. One bean had a heartbeat of 141 bpm and the other had a heartbeat of 152 bpm.

Our appointment in 3 weeks will be with a Perinatologist, a doctor who specializes in "high risk" pregnancies. Since I am carrying multiples, I am automatically considered "high risk" because I have an increased chance of Preterm Labor, Gestational Diabetes as well as other complicated matters.

The Perinatologist will monitor the twins and I very closely during the rest of my pregnancy to make sure that everything looks healthy with me and the kids. My OBGYN, Dr. Tatum says they will be our "consultants" through the rest of my pregnancy. I meet with Dr. Tatum again on August 25th.

We are glad that our doctor takes these extra precautions and we feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful OBGYN not to mention his ENTIRE office staff is awesome.

We are glad that everything will be monitored closely, but at the end of the day we know that our babies our in the hands of our God, the ultimate physician. Keep us in your prayers and we will keep you posted on any new happenings.

On a side note...it appears that overnight I have gotten a "belly bump". Last Monday, I could wear all pre-pregnancy pants loosely; however, on Friday the same pants I wore Monday were tight around the waist. I have to wear them unbuttoned with a beautiful little device called bella band, which allows you to wear your pants unbuttoned and still keeps them up! I can definately feel the difference in the stomach, it is CRAZY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

almost time to find out what the babies are!!!!!!! exciting! i like the new look to the blog, by the way!