Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy 3rd Bitrhday Lukas & Maddox

Oh wow.  It seems like yesterday, I was on bed rest anxiously awaiting the arrival of Lukas & Maddox.  It doesn't seem possible that they are 3 years old.





For their 3rd birthday, we had several of their friends over for a "Winter Candy Land".  We had cake pops and cupcakes, along with TONS of candy that all the guests could decorate their cupcakes with & stuff their goody bags full.  We also had a giant bounce house in the backyard...in December.  Yup, that's right, it was warm enough to have an outdoor bounce house for their birthday party.









This year the kids really understood that they were having a birthday party.  They kept listing off the names of all their friends that were coming..."Gunner is coming to my birthday party, Poppa D & Granny are coming to my birthday party" over and over they were so excited.

Before all the guests arrived, the bounce house was set up in our backyard.  Lukas was running an errand with Cody and had gotten a sucker...when he walked out back and saw the bounce house, he simply handed me the sucker and took off straight towards the bouncy house.

When everyone gathered around and sang happy birthday they were all smiles.  They were also super excited to blow out their candles.  In fact, I had to relight them twice because Lukas kept blowing out Maddox's.  The look of wonder on their faces as people sang & they blew out their candles was priceless.



As a super shocking surprise that melts my heart and brought me to tears (which is not an easy feat for me), some of our best friends from Fort Worth, Martin, Katie & Finley showed up unexpected for the party.  The look on my face as they walked through the door was probably hilarious, because I did a double take and all I could do was hug and say "I can't believe you are here"...it perfected an already great day.


The party couldn't have turned out more wonderful and we feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system with our family & friends (new & old).















Thank you everyone who came!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

L looks SO much like your brother in the picture of them waiting to blow out their candles!!!