Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Good Life

For those of you that didn't know, I just had my 27th birthday. Whoa. When I was in my early twenties I thought of people that were 27 as really having it together. I mean, they were well out of college (most of them), they had marriages, mortgages, kids and ultimately just had it TOGETHER. As I hit this milestone in my life, I have to admit that at first I was overwhelmed. How did I get here this fast? It seems like yesterday my parents were driving me to college.

When I look at the things that have happened over the last few years, I can't help but feel overwhelmingly blessed. Sometimes when we are in the moment, it is hard for us to see God's hand in our lives. We are only able to fixate on this one finite piece of our puzzle and we get so caught up in today that we aren't able to see the grand scheme of our lives. When I reflect back on the last few years of my life, I can't help but see that in times of hardships my path was well lit by my heavenly Father.

When I hear people talk about living "the good life", I have always thought of it as easy, carefree. But I'm here to tell you, the good life doesn't come to you as carefree and easy. You have to be willing to fight for that life. Everyday you will have to fight for your beliefs, your family, your marriage, your children and as long as you have something worth the fight...you have a good life.

I'm trying to learn to appreciate the gift of an ordinary day. The days that come and go and at the time seem so repetitive are actually days in which I should be thankful. One day, I will miss my kids wanting all my attention and hanging on my legs. I will miss the cuddles and kisses for no reason at all. I will be the one hanging on their legs trying to get a hug, just wanting a small piece of their day all to myself.

My life isn't always easy and most of my days aren't carefree, but when I really look at it I sure do have a good life!

Lukas living the good life with Snack & Drink reclining :0)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Said Friend. :)
~Betsy.