Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crafty

I'm constantly trying to come up with new interactive adventures to show the kids.  I mean we have a season pass to the museum and lot's of toys, books, & puzzles, but I like to find inexpensive ways to entertain the kids at home.

Cody went with his friend Eric to ride bike trails in Grapevine and I got a bright idea to make homemade finger paints.  L & M are still in the stage where everything goes into their mouths, so I wanted to make finger paints that would be okay if they got consumed :o)

I used the Cornstarch fingerpaint recipe that I found here.

Cornstarch Fingerpaint

Ingredients

3 cups water
1 cup cornstarch
food coloring

You add the cornstarch to boiling water and heat it till it becomes a clear paste.  It seemed like it took forever for the Fingerpaint to set up, but when it finally did I added some NEON food coloring and it was GO time.

I taped down some paper (in my dreams they would keep it solely on the paper). I don't know who was more excited, me or the kids. The rest of our experience can be seen in the pictures below:



How do you get the kiddos clean without taking them in the house....strip them down and nearly pop a lung blowing up this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Overall...Such a fun day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

JessicaDuran said...

where did you get this water thing?????? i think ellie needs one!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! i love it! What an awesome mommy! Where did you get that?!? i want one! :)
~Betsy