Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Understood

Before I was a mother there were several things that I never understood. In fact, some things that I would see parents do would shock and appall me. Having twins has given me a new appreciation for things and I see now that what once shocked me was all a misunderstanding. I have a created a list of things that I now understand as a parent.

I understand...

...why there is a lonely shoe in the middle of the aisle in a restaurant/grocery store/ any other public venue.

...how a parent could think that a leash connected to their toddler was a brilliant idea (I've never done this, but when L & M part waters upon hitting the ground it has crossed my mind)

...that sometimes my kids are going to look like heathens no matter how many times I've fixed their hair, washed their face and changed their clothes.

...that it is okay to put things that were once in their mouth into mine if there is A) not a trash can in site B) it makes them happy to shove things into my mouth as I "pretend" eat or C) cleaner than carrying around sticky slobbered sucker in my hand.

...why there is a shopping cart full of groceries/clothes etc. left in the middle of the store with no owner planning to come back to claim it.

...that a screaming child flailing about on the floor is no laughing matter (if it's mine) =)

...how a child could have a runny nose that hasn't been wiped (it's a never ending flow people)

...why instead of knowing the Top 20 Hits of today, I can sing every Disney song known to man :0)

...that the driver singing obnoxiously/or speaking overly exaggerated may be trying to entertain a toddler

...the origin of a "bag lady" (she was a mother of twins...for SURE)

Well that's a few of the most recent things I've come to understand; however, I'm pretty sure I will have many more of these as the kids get older.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. :) I definitely feel ya, but it's double the fun for you! I admire you for all you do Sarah! You are an amazing mommy.

Unknown said...

You have to post this on Big Tent. I'm rolling on the floor laughing! You are a hoot.
Linda Kennedy