Wednesday, March 23, 2011

15 Months

I'm not even going to say it, but you know what I'm thinking. I cannot believe we are almost in the month of April and that my babies are a month older. <---- Technically, that didn't count as saying what I always say every month. It's a love/hate relationship that I have with time. I love all the new things that L & M are able to do, but I hate that the more they can do means the less I get to do for them.

They are a complete joy to be around with everyday. Even on bad days (caused by teething, illness or just a cranky day), there is always at least a few moments that make my day that much better!

 I took them to the Pediatrician on Monday and my babies are getting so big. Lukas weighed 29.4 lbs and is 33.3" tall. He is in the 95 percentile for height, weight and head circumference. Maddox was 24.6 lbs and was 31" tall. She is in the 80 percentile for height, weight and head circumference. Dr. B said that they were ahead of schedule on most of their developmental milestones and that he doesn't see any developmental delays at this time. We are so happy that the twins are doing so well. Twins are at a higher risk for having developmental delays, because they are generally born pre-term. We feel extremely blessed everyday that our twins have been so very healthy.

 We gave three vaccinations on this visit and let me tell you...the older they get, the harder it is on Mom. I think it's because they know someone is holding their legs and inflicting pain. My heart broke this round of shots. Even though they were happily sucking on a sucker within seconds of the shots, the thought of giving them again make me feel nauseated.

In other news, the twins have their first trip to the dentist on Friday.  This is a simple visit to take a look at their many teeth to make sure that everything is coming in properly.  I'll let you know how that goes in my next post.

As for now, that is all she wrote...I wrote...hmmm..you get the point!

Photobucket

Photobucket

OREO COOKIES....
Photobucket

Photobucket
SO SWEET...
Photobucket

HANDSOME DUDE!!
Photobucket

MISS THANG
Photobucket



Photobucket

2 comments:

Sara said...

Just wait until they are three!!! Shots are horrible I tell ya! First time I almost cried while Reid got shots. He was so mad. He kept saying, "That lady is mean! That lady is mean, Mommy! Why did she do that to me?" LOL!

Eva said...

Cute pics! I can't believe how much they have changed since I saw them!