Monday, February 28, 2011

14 Months

I'm afraid that my babies aren't babies anymore. Everyday they are doing something or acting in a way that seems so grown up. Everyone has always said that once you have kids, you blink and time has passed you by. It is so true. While I have loved every stage of their development, I have to say that this stage is SUPER fun! They are constantly doing things that bring a smile to my face.

Maddox
Photobucket

Right now, Maddox is doing lot's of new things. She has become an expert mimicker. She loves to mimic everything...from the words you say, to the sounds you make, to the inflection in your voice. She uses this new found skill to tick her brother right off. When Lukas gets upset and starts crying, Maddox starts mocking him and he gets SUPER mad SUPER fast. She then laughs at his pain....

Photobucket

I'm constantly amazed at the things she says and does. For example, if I start humming the Aggie War Hymn...she will go get her Reveille dog that dances and plays the Aggie War Hymn. If I say "I'm so Thirsty" she will bring me her pretend tea set so that we can play that she is giving me a drink. Both Lukas and Maddox love this pretend play. They offer me tea over and over and over and I say "Thank you" and pretend EVERYTIME. After we brush teeth before bed, we go rock in their bedroom and read a story. Maddox will go get a book and wait by the rocking chair after her teeth have been brushed....so sweet.

Photobucket

When asked Maddox will give high fives, clap, and raise her hands in the air. She can identify your nose, eyes, teeth and tongue. She is very chatty, despite the fact that we have no clue what she is saying half of the time.

Lukas

Photobucket

Lukas is his own little person and that person is ALL boy. He answers most questions and requests with grunts. He grunts in approval and in disapproval. It is hilarious. Sometimes you feel like you can have a complete conversation with him and his grunts. You ask him something like, "Lukas do you want more chicken?" he grunts a Yuh. It's perfect.

Photobucket

He doesn't identify things as much or go and get things like Maddox does. I think this is a difference between a girl and a boy as well as it really isn't a desire of his to point to my nose. He definitely does what he wants to do. He has also gotten very good and going limp and allowing his arms to dangle when you try to pick him up and move him somewhere he doesn't appreciate. He loves to play in dirt and put dirt in his mouth.

Lukas will give high fives and clap when asked. He can identify your nose and teeth.

That's about all I have for you right now! I'll try to update more frequently!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: