Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sick Babies

When we came back home from A-Town both of our babies developed a cough and congestion. I blame the change in climates (dry to humid) and allergies. After a week of coughing, I took the babies in to see Dr. B. Turned out Lukas had a double ear infection and his sister had lot's of congestion that was causing wheezing.

Lukas was prescribed a Amoxycillin (which he has had 1 before for a sinus infection) and Maddox was given a medicine for Cough and Congestion. Two days after giving Lukas his medicine he was still running a 103 temperature and all he wanted to do was cuddle and be held. While I love holding my sweet baby, it isn't like him to not want to play. So I called the Pediatrician and we headed back to see them. Lukas's ears hadn't improved at all. Dr. B said that he had an infection that was resistant to Amoxycillin and prescribed a stronger antibiotic.

We gave him his medicine this weekend and then on Sunday when I put Lukas in the bath..this is what I noticed...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

UGH!!! I immediately called our on-call pediatrician and informed them of this breakout/rash. She told me to take some pictures with my iPhone, give him some benadryl and bring him in first thing in the morning. We took him to Dr. B yesterday. He took a look at the pictures and Lukas's current rash and determined that he was allergic to Penicillin! His ears were still infected, because he hasn't been on the right medicine!

We are now on Azithromycin and hoping that Lukas will be much better soon! He has handled everything like a champion and we are so proud of him. Maddox seems to be on the up and up, so we are hopeful that she stays that way!

I'm taking both babies to see our chiropractor Dr. Wright! Hopefully, we can get some adjustments to help get rid of these nasty ear infections!

Wish us Luck!!
Photobucket

No comments: