Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions...

I've never been a big resolution person. I feel that I should strive all through the year to accomplish my goals and goals change as new circumstances enter and exit your life. I feel that a resolution, especially in the New Year, is usually a set up for failure. It is something very broad or so specific that it can be unattainable.

This year I have decided to work on a "resolution" for myself. I'm not going to say that I want to be in better shape/lose all the baby weight I gained, be the perfect wife, mother, friend, or become a better Christian. Those are all things that I want and I will work towards everyday, but this year I want to do something different. This year I want to be happy where I am RIGHT NOW, not where I want to be when ..."insert desire here".

I'm going to strive to be happy in my own skin exactly where I am. I want to live in this moment. I want to enjoy everything that I consider an "imperfection" in my life, because that is, after all, what makes it my life. I am going to accept compliments, want less, give more, smile because I can, and love with everything I've got.

That's my "resolution"...that's my goal and that's my plan for my 2011!

"And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there." -1 Corinthians 7:17

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sara said...

I had this same thought this morning! The song by Revive called "Blink" came on and I had the same thought about needing to learn how to "number my days" and count every moment and not live in the future... you know? Thanks for posting that verse! I love it!