Monday, March 29, 2010

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born....

...She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." - Rajneesh

I've always been described as having a "motherly instinct", but that instinct never prepared me for actual motherhood.

I never knew you could love something, someone so much. Don't get me wrong, I love Cody with all my heart, but the love we both have for our children is a different love. They are a piece of us, a part that can never be taken away. I cannot imagine life before them or without them. When my mother came into the room after they brought me into recovery, I remember telling her in tears, "I love them soo much it hurts my heart".

In that moment, I learned more about my mother than ever before. For the first time, I began to look at events that took place in my life and understand how she must have felt during those times. She shared in the emotions I had more than I knew. I now look at her in understanding and realize raising me was probably the most rewarding thing, and yet, the hardest thing she has ever done. She shared my first love, my first heartbreak, all my victories and all my defeats. She had to sit back and let me make mistakes that she knew would break our hearts and still be strong enough to help me pick up the pieces. Now, we have completed a circle and she has got to share in one of the greatest moments of my life, motherhood.

I have always appreciated and respected my mother, but now I'm simply awestruck by her. I hope to be the mother and the friend to my children that she is to me. I ♥ my MOMMY!!

I have to be honest, I wasn't intending this post to be so sappy; however, it turned that way quickly. Let's lighten things up...

I have composed a list of things that I've learned in the short time I've been a mother...

1. I will do things I once thought was disgusting...BEWARE of the EXAMPLES:

a) Smell my child's diaper to see if it was something or "just air"

b) Suction boogers and wipe them on my pants...or my husband

c) Put things in my mouth that has been in theirs (i.e pacifier)

d) Clean off their face by licking my finger and wiping it off

2. Poop happens, and it happens a lot. Also, it is completely normal converation between Cody and I to discuss: color, texture, smell, amount, etc.

3. The terms "blowout" and "all-nighter" have completely different meanings.

4. My refusal to pay $25 for a hairbow has made me realize that I'm pretty dang good at making them...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5. Sleep is overrated..

I can't think of any lessons right now, but I will get back to you in the near future. My next post will have a slideshow of the pics my sister-in-law took! Get excited!


Signature

No comments: