Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Feeding Giraffes and Such...

I love the Zoo and there is a really nice one here.  The last several times we have taken the kids to the Zoo they have had a blast.  As parents, there are things we want our kids to do because secretly we really want to do them too.  One of those things, for me, was feeding the giraffes at the Zoo.

I LOVE giraffes.  They are probably my favorite zoo type animal.  Unfortunately, every time we have gone to the Zoo we have missed feeding time for one thing or another.  However, we went a few weeks ago and I was adamant that we would make feeding time and we did.

Honestly, I hadn't put much thought into whether or not walking up to a huge giraffe and holding out a piece of lettuce for them to take out of your hand would scare Lukas & Maddox.  I mean they are big to me, so for Lukas & Maddox they are ENORMOUS. Luckily for me, my kids have no fear and thought this was just about the coolest thing ever!  Here are the pictures from that day!

Waiting patiently to feed the giraffe.

The lady getting us our giraffe food

Maddox feeding the giraffe (yes that is his tongue)

No Fear :)

Lukas feeding the giraffe

So Brave :)


Photobucket