Thursday, April 12, 2012

1 Month

Photobucket

I am about 1 month behind on this post and it is still hard to believe Ridley's 1 month bday has come and gone. My mom stayed with us the first 3 weeks after Ridley was born so that she could help out with the twins, help with the new baby and make the transition on everyone as easy as possible.

Photobucket

As a new momma of 3, one of my predominant concerns were my other babies at home and how they would feel about the new addition to the family. We discussed that we would be having a baby but you can't really explain it that well to a 2 year old. I was in the hospital for 2 days and that is the longest I have ever been without seeing the twins. Cody & the twins skyped with me one night and while it was great to see them it made me miss them sooo much. They would have kept me another day, but I was pretty adamant that I wanted to go home.

Ridley got to meet Lukas first, because Maddox was sick and Cody was taking her to the doctor. He was very intrigued about what was going on and he was even a little bit shy at coming up to me after I had left him for a couple of days (talk about break a momma's heart). The shyness was short lived but he wasn't sure what to think about this new baby. He would stand by me but definitely keep his distance from her. To this day, he kinda ignores her. Of course, he brings her blankets, pacifiers and occasionally pets her hair BUT we can't let anyone see that we may actually be interested in our baby sister.

Photobucket



When Maddox met Ridley it was love at first sight. She wanted to touch her immediately. IT was super hard, because she was sick and we wanted to let her be around the baby but we didn't want her to get sick. A few days after her illness and fever had passed and the antibiotics were kicking in...we let Maddox hold her for the first time. She was ecstatic! She loved her baby sister and always says "Hold her". She is such a good helper and big sister. If Ridley cries, Maddox puts her hand on her cheek and says "It's okay". MELTS MY HEART!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Ridley is a pretty sweet little girl. Of course, she has her occasional tummy troubles but that's a newborn for ya. She has had her first cold (thanks to brother and sister for sharing) but other than that she has been a healthy girl that likes to eat, sleep & snuggle. Currently, she is waking up around 1 time a night to eat. Now that isn't to say, we only have to get up 1 time a night because we typically have to hand her a paci every now and again. She isn't a huge fan of the pacifier. She will use it briefly then kick it out as soon as she is about to dose off, lot's of the time she falls asleep without it. I'm not complaining about having to get up with her because I know this phase will pass and I will miss the moments of getting up and having Ridley and Momma time.

We all are adjusting nicely to the new addition and we couldn't be happier to be a family of 5. Here are some of our favorite pictures of her first month!






 


UP NEXT: NEWBORN PHOTOS 

Photobucket

No comments: