Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Birthday Letter for my babies...

My dearest Lukas & Maddox,

One year ago today, God blessed me with a 7lbs 7oz baby boy and a 5lbs 13oz baby girl. You were a long awaited answered prayer. A dream that your father and I had from the time we planned our future together.

For 36 weeks and 4 days, I dreamed of what you would look like and prayed for your safe arrival. I enjoyed every moment of carrying you both. I would sing Coldplay to you in the bathtub (that was after all the first concert you both attended) and Cody would read you a story every night. Though we already had a bond so strong, nothing could have prepared me to meet you.

When I saw you both for the first time, I immediately felt a love that I had never known. As I held you both for the first time, at the same time, I knew then and there that my life would never be the same again.

Our first year with you has been the highlight of our lives. The joy you have given Cody and I is hard to describe. You give us hope, happiness, laughter, and love. We also have never worried about someone as much as we have worried about you both. Our lives are so full that we cannot imagine them without you.

Maddox - We love your independent personality and your ability to light up a room. You have often been described by our family and friends as a "pixie", because of your petite build and nimble movements. We love the way you dance around and laugh so sweet. You always have a smile on your face and a plan in your mind. We love the way you are enamored by the small details around you and how you never stop. You are everything we could want in a baby girl. We have such dreams for you in our heads and while we can't wait to see the lady you will become, we enjoy you being our baby girl.

Lukas - We love your sweet, loving nature. You love to give hugs and kisses to the ones you care for the most. Nana has always said you have "soulful eyes". Your boisterous laugh touches our hearts and makes anyone within earshot smile.  You are soo playful and ornery at the same time.  Everyone that meets you says you are "all boy". We love your out-going personality and your love of attention. You are everything we could want in a baby boy. We know you have a wonderful future ahead of you, and while we can't wait to see the amazing man you will become, we enjoy you being our baby boy.

Lukas and Maddox, I hope you always know that you bless my life. I hope I never forget to tell you everyday that I love you and that you are the world to me.  I know I kiss you so much that you can't stand it sometimes, but you should know now that will never change. I thank God everyday for you. This first year of your life has been one of the best years of mine. I love you soo very much!

Mom

Photobucket

1 comment:

JessicaDuran said...

we had such a good time today! everything was perfect!!!! cant wait to hear about all the cool presents they got....and we are for sure gonna come over and play with the new loot!!! love you girl....lots!