Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Friend, My Love, My Life

Four years ago today, I married my bestfriend. I cannot begin to describe the love I have for him, but for today I'm going to try.

I've never been a person that felt truly comfortable in "my own skin". Don't get me wrong, I know who I am and I love the person I've become (& still becoming) but I'm also very aware of my shortcomings. With that being said, I never thought I would find someone that would love me, for me. Someone who could see me at my best and worst and love me just the same.

I met Cody when I was 18. I wasn't looking for a relationship. I had just started college and wanted to be single and free. Cody, on the other hand, had different plans. After numerous failed attempts at setting him up with some of my friends, we started dating. For 8 years now, we have been inseperable.

Cody is the peanut butter to my jelly.  He is my opposite in so many ways, but my perfect match in so many others.  I'm high strung and a worrier, he is laid back and seemingly care free (most of the time).  He can make me the maddest I've ever been and with one smile make me the happiest girl in the room. 

I know that God put Cody in my life, because a love like ours isn't found on your own.  We have grown up together.  I am a better person when I am with him and he pushes me to do and be the best I can.  He gives so much love and support.  I know that he will be there if I fall. 

I'm not saying everyday is roses, because that would be a lie.  If you know us, you know that we can fight with the best of them,  but we always make up and we are always ready to make it work.  I always say that marriage is waking up everyday and being willing to give 110% for the other person and on the days that I don't feel like giving 110%...Cody is there to give 120% and vice versa.  With every valley we face together, we become stronger as a couple on the other side.

Parenthood has been so rewarding for us both.  It is amazing that we can create these beautiful humans and they are and always will be a constant reminder of the love we have for one another.  To create a life out of love is such a beautiful gift that God gives us.

So for today, I want to dedicate this post to my bestfriend, the man of my dreams, my favorite golfer, the ultimate snuggle buddy,  the stealer of my heart and the covers, the father to my beautiful children, my proof that soulmates exist, the holder of my hand who is cooler than the other side of the pillow....Cody Glen!


2 comments:

Charee said...

Love it! And get it! :) So glad you found each other. It makes me happy to know there are other couples just like me and Kerry! (I always say I'm only who I am because Kerry is beside me.)

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

That was simply beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye :-) God bless you both and your love for eachother!

You both are awesome :-)

Betsy