Monday, July 26, 2010

Hefty, Hefty, Hefty

Cody and I have been in agreement that Lukas feels quite a bit heavier than Maddox. At his 6 month appointment, he had taken the weight lead over from his sister but only by a few oz.

Recently, Lukas has been our eater. When he sees Maddox eating, he needs to eat, if he sees his bottle you better be ready to give it to him, and don't even think about bringing out his highchair unless dinner is being served. We are working on infant sign language and he has perfected the "more" sign..not to mention yelling "MMMMMuuh" (pronounced Muh). So with all this eating, we thought we would see some good numbers at his 7 month vaccination visit.

Cody and I placed our bets. Whoever was within 1/2 lb of Lukas's weight would win a 10 minute foot massage. So we start mentally punching the numbers, Lukas weighed 15lbs 10 oz at his 6 month appointment, he got a nasty stomach bug and lost a pound that same week, so he was roughly around 14 lbs 10 oz. Cody bets 17 lbs, not to be out done I bet 17 lbs 5 oz.

I lay Maddox down on the scale and she weighs in at 16lbs 4 oz...she has gained around a pound since the last visit. I'm starting to think that I have overbid...she has only gained 1 lb in a month and I wagered that Lukas would gain around 3 lbs...impossible.

I lay Mr. Man down on the scale and he weighs in at.....(drum roll please).....18 lbs 6 oz!!! Holy Moly...he smoked our numbers and neither of us were within 1/2lb. He has gone from >5th percentile to the 75th percentile!!!

On another note...I still think I deserve the foot massage, because I was the closest bid without going over (and it works on the Price is Right). Cody, however, disagrees! Boooo...

Here are some pictures of our "Skinny Minny" and our "Chunky Munk"..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

JessicaDuran said...

sweet babies!!!! love her smile.